Who We Are
For nearly forty years, Brown/Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center has provided a high quality full-day preschool program to families that live, work, or study in our community. Formed in 1973 by Brown University and the Fox Point Neighborhood Association, we incorporated as an independent non-profit agency in 1979.
- has two three-year-old classrooms and two four-year-old classrooms (as of September 2010)
- provides a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack daily for all children
- offers tuition assistance to a significant percentage of families in need thanks to generous funding from the United Way
- serves families from across the greater Providence area who represent the racial, ethnic, linguistic, socio-economic, and familial diversity of our community
- has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1996
- has a five-star BrightStars rating, the highest rating from the Rhode Island Association for the Education of Young Children
- receives use of our school building from Brown University
- is licensed by the Rhode Island Department for Children, Youth and Families
Each classroom has two full-time teachers who plan and implement the curriculum and support the overall well-being of the children in their class. Assistant teachers, foster grandparents, field students, and volunteers are also a part of the organization of each classroom. The Center is governed by a Board of Directors and directed by an Executive Director and an Assistant Director who administer the program on a daily basis.
Brown/Fox Point is open Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 5:30pm, for fifty weeks per year. We are closed on most state and federal holidays, for the last week of August, and between Christmas and New Years. You can see our calendar by clicking here.
Copyright ©2002-2010, Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center, Inc.
150 Hope Street, Providence, RI 02906
Phone: (401) 521-5460 Fax: (401) 633-6265
Web: www.brownfoxpoint.org - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org